The IUPUI Office of Sustainability strives to model wise stewardship of environmental resources across an array of campus decisions and activities. Guided by the goals of “conservation, protection, and enhancement of natural resources,” the Office of Sustainability seeks to advance green initiatives through collaboration with administrators, educators, stakeholders, and constituents within the IUPUI community. The interdependence of humans and the environment is emphasized through committee work, course curriculum, and civic engagement each of which addresses specific aspects of practicing sustainability in both the present and future.
IUPUI Sustainability Leadership
"As stewards of the IUPUI campus and of all its resources, we recognize the interdependence of humans with the environment. We must apply thoughtful and creative planning to achieve a thriving campus community built on the principles of sustainability. We must foster conservation, protection and enhancement of natural resources through campus policy and personal behavior. We must promote a common agenda for IUPUI as a green campus. We must preserve and enhance the quality of life for our campus community and future generations in ways that enhance teaching and learning, research, civic engagement and administrative practices."
* Mark Your Calendars: Saturday, November 16th for HEC's 6th Annual Greening the Statehouse Forum!
Hoosier Environmental Council is excited to announce that Greening the Statehouse will be held at IUPUI on Saturday, November 16th this year! We're thrilled to be partnering with a university that is brimming with sustainability initiatives - especially meaningful in HEC's 30th year! Please hold November 16th for what will be an energizing half-day of dynamic speakers, recognition awards, eco-friendly food, and networking with fellow advocates, green-minded businesses and great non-profit partners! For questions about Greening the Statehouse, write to Falon French at firstname.lastname@example.org or Register here: https://hecweb.sagefundraisingonline.com/greeningstatehouse6
* 3 Dero Fixit Bike Maintenance Stations have been installed on the IUPUI campus!
The stations are located at:
- The School of Public and Environmental Affairs breezeway, south end
- Campus Center, by the bike racks at the south side of the building
- The east side of Hine Hall
* IUPUI affirms a commitment to Energy Conservation, Effective July 1, 2013 is the IUPUI Campus Policy, Conservation of Energy * Wheels with no strings attached!
- Zipcar® is here at IUPUI for all students, faculty and staff who are at least 18 years old. Zipcar is car-sharing, an alternative to bringing a car to school, that gives members 24/7 access to vehicles parked on campus. Low hourly and daily rates include gas, insurance, and 180 miles per day to go wherever you want to go. Members can reserve cars online or with a smart phone for as little as an hour or up to four days. This semester, enjoy all the freedom of owning a car without any of the hassle.
Check out the new cars & join today: www.zipcar.com/iupui.
- The 2013-2014 Indy Winter Farmers Market Sat, December 7, 2013
- The 2013-2014 Indy Winter Farmers Market Sat, December 14, 2013
- The 2013-2014 Indy Winter Farmers Market Sat, December 21, 2013
- The 2013-2014 Indy Winter Farmers Market Sat, December 28, 2013
- The 2013-2014 Indy Winter Farmers Market Sat, January 4, 2014
- More events »