About our Office
Greening IUPUI Grant
Taking Your Good Idea to the Next Level
Our students, faculty, and staff are the real campus sustainability experts. Have you come up with a way to reduce IUPUI’s environmental impact? Tell us about your idea, and you could garner a Greening IUPUI grant to make it happen.
Greening IUPUI grants are awarded annually in the spring semester to projects that advance our campus sustainability principles. IUPUI dedicates a total of $50,000 to fund the one-time grants each year. Please review the 2013 Greening IUPUI Grant Guidelines.
How to Apply
We welcome applications for the Greening IUPUI grant at the start of each spring semester. Simply complete and send in your Pre-Application by January 28, 2013, and if selected, complete the Full Application by March 1, 2013.
The Greening IUPUI Awards Committee will review the applications and select proposals based on their potential to advance IUPUI’s sustainability principles.
Past Grant Awards
Need ideas? Check out our sustainability principles and a few recent grant awards:
- Promoting Green Purchasing at IUPUI. Environmental and Natural Resource Law Program developed a "green purchasing guide" and educational workshop for purchasing officers. To raise the profile of green purchasing and contracting options to make more sustainable choices. Grant amount: $6,000.
- IUPUI Events Going Green. The TCEM department will develop a comprehensive program for environmentally responsible events, including "Best Practices", educational workshops, "green" event certification, and online resources for campus event managers. Grant amount: $14,000.
- The IUPUI Urban Garden Initiative. This project engaged local urban farmers to provide hands-on instruction to students about sustainable agricultural practices and increase the productivity of IUPUI's urban gardens. Grant amount: $2,500.
- IUPUI Sustainability House. Develop events and initiatives to showcase the newest SPEA Residential Based Learning Community, designed to engage residents in sustainability as a way of life and expand student action across campus. Grant amount: $2,500.
- Original Farmers' Market at the Indianapolis City MarketWed, May 22, 2013
- Original Farmers' Market at the Indianapolis City MarketWed, May 29, 2013
- Mayor's Bike RideSat, June 1, 2013
- Original Farmers' Market at the Indianapolis City MarketWed, June 5, 2013
- Original Farmers' Market at the Indianapolis City MarketWed, June 12, 2013
- More events »